Sunday, February 3, 2019

Carburettor rebuild

The recent break down of BART forced me into rebuilding the carb as part of my fault finding process.  I bought a kit from Webcon UK who where incredibly helpful in finding additional parts for me that weren't in the kit for a Weber 32 DMTR.  Fitting was straight forward, just take your time and photos to note where all the linkages go.

The parts replaced where:
New float assembly
Fuel float valve and seat
Inlet filter
Primary and secondary shaft seals
Gaskets
Accelerator pump Diaphragm
Accelerator jet O ring
Fast idle vacuum hose and breather hose

The idle valve and O ring had been changed previously.

I cleaned out a load of hard set crud from the bottom of the float bowls and flattened the mounting base of the carb as it had warped due to over tightening, this was probably an additional cause of the bad initial running when I got BART.  The float level was set as close to 7mm as I could get and its maximum travel limited to 15mm.

Old parts


New parts


Float needle valve, old one was worn





Flattening the base.



Shaft seals



New accelerator pump diaphragm


Finished








No comments:

Post a Comment